Sunday, July 29, 2012

Chick Fil A Appreciation Day, Aug 1st


As Mike Huckabee put on the facebook page: We're simply asking people to eat chicken and not to be one when it's time to take a stand-our appreciation is not only for the views of Dan Cathy, but for his right to have them and express them freely.

This issue is freedom of speech! Gay right advocates who are crying foul, because of the views of Dan Cathy, have no evidence that any gay person has been mistreated or discriminated against at a Chick-fil-A.

One of the things I love about the free market and capitalism is the freedom to "vote" with our dollars. To buy whatever product we want, or need, and what we like. I like Chick-Fil-A. I also like some other popular companies (which I will not name here) that I know for a fact the owners/ceo's have a different take on issues than I. That does not prevent me from purchasing their product.

Chick-Fil-A on the other hand, has a product I like, and I respect their point of view. I don't need a reason to go to Chick-Fil-A, which is why I have been to our local resturant twice in the last 5 days.

Taken 7/27/12 around 1:30pm
 This photo was taken at, what should have been, the end of the lunch rush around 1:30 pm.  I'm pretty sure most of the people were just there for lunch.  I admit my motives were dual in nature, lunch and appreciation.  I was "voting" with my dollars and I probably will for the next several months whenever our family has an opportunity to eat out, except on Sunday, of course.

And then there is this.... I would be completely remiss if I did not post this:

 

 

Please consider going to Chick-fil-a if not on Aug 1. some time in the next week.  It truly is a pleasure.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment