Wednesday, October 21, 2009

McDonnell: Is he the "right" person?

In our first "official" political poll, members of the Richmond Patriots Meet-UP site were polled about who they were supporting in the Governors race and why. The poll was open for a week, starting just after the Oct 13th debate. Here are the results:

McDonnell got 100% of the vote. O.k. I know, BIG SHOCKER, but you might be interested in the reasons WHY people are supporting McDonnell:

36% are voting for him because he is the right person for the job.
29% are voting for him because he is the lesser of two evils
24% are voting for him because there is no third party option
11% are voting for him because of party affiliation.


So, using my finely tuned analytical ability, I added the "lesser of two evils" and no "third party" option and come up with 53% of our patriots are voting for McDonnell because basically no other choice. Leaving 47% of people voting McDonnell because they he is a republican or "right for the job". WAKE UP... Republicans!! Next time it would be nice to see a candidate that has a majority of people thinking they are right for the job.

If your interested in the REAL polling data Survey USA has a lot of data. I think they are professionals or something.

Survey USA Results released 10/20/09

No comments:

Post a Comment